Today while gazing out my window I noticed this little guy trying to cross the street. So to add some excitement to our day Tony and I went to investigate. I thought for sure we had discovered a desert tortoise. I decided to call Tracy since he is tortoise certified. Tony soon got bored and we went back in the house and left it to continue on its way. Tracy decided to contact the turtle guys. Next, thing I know some guy was calling my cell phone telling me to put it in a box and keep it until they could come and get it. We thought we were doing something good to help save an endangered species, until we learned it was someones pet from our neighborhood. Apparently, this guy has escaped before and they have been called in to capture the same tortoise.
Its things like this that bring amusement and some excitement to our normal daily routine. We did learn that the tortoise is a desert species from Russia and costs around a $100. So I guess we did do somewhat of a good thing.

So how exactly do you get tortoise certified? :)
ReplyDeleteTotally forgot to send the costume with mom and dad. Will put it in the mail this week! Sorry!
ReplyDeletethat is funny. Maybe they need to find a better cage for the turtle. Sounds like it has figured out how to get out of it's current one.
ReplyDeleteThat does add some excitement. Just wait till the baby comes and you'll really get some excitement.
ReplyDelete